Solved

Email validation

• 25 September 2017
  • 14 replies

Badge +4

I wanted to validate email addresses and I found a solution in this forum, however, I used the same solution on two forms.  The first form works and the second form says invalid email even though I am using the correct format.

This is what I did.  On the email field, double-click, then Control Settings - Single Line Textbox, click validation, then clicked yes for use regular expression, then in the regular expression box, I have the following.  [a-zA-Z0-9._%+-]+@[a-zA-Z0-9.-]+.[a-zA-Z]{2,4} 

I also attached screenshots.  I don't understand why it works on one form and doesn't in another.  Is there something I am missing?  Thank you.

icon

Best answer by fhunth 26 September 2017, 02:41

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

What is the email address you are testing?

Try copying/pasting from the expresstion that works, but paste it on notepad and then copy it again.

Badge +4

Thank you.  It works.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Great!, please mark the answer as correct

Badge +3

Hi Fernando,

I've tried more than ten times but it's not working, I copy and paste on notepad, type the exertion, :-(

do you have any suggestion for me?

Thanks

Badge +12

@bf_parvaz ...use below expression:

^[A-Za-z0-9](([_.-]?[a-zA-Z0-9]+)*)@([A-Za-z0-9]+)(([.-]?[a-zA-Z0-9]+)*).([A-Za-z]{2,})$

Badge +3
Thanks mate!

Hi Kunalpatel, Would you please advise how I should read the expression?  I need to create input mask for my other fields like phone number , website, etc

I tried

###.###.####

^[0-9]{3}.[0-9]{3}.[0-9]{4}$

Didn't work! :(

@kunalpatel

Badge +12

@SherryH .....I usually refer this...RegEx Library.....and use Find Expression search

Userlevel 6
Badge +22

@SherryH Try just:

[0-9]{3}.[0-9]{3}.[0-9]{4}

and it will work.

Thank you very much ! That's what I was looking for!

Badge

hi 

I have a problem trying to set a regular expression in text box field, What I'm trying to do is validate the format like this XXXX-XXXX-XXXX, and I'm using this Regex  [A-Z0-9]{4}-[A-Z0-9]{4}-[A-Z0-9]{4}  but seems to be does not working any of my tries 

any help will be very wellcome 

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Hi.

Instead of [A-Z0-9]{4}, use lower case [a-z0-9]{4}
Thank you SimonMuntz! I appreciate it.

Nintex Email Validation Control Settings - Single Line Textbox --> Validation --> Use a regular expression : Yes

Regular Expression :     .+@.+(.).+ 

Regular expression error message : Enter a valid email address

Code .+@.+(.).+