Solved

Email notification CC specified externals in form

Badge +3

Hi,

I am looking to have a field or 2 on a form for internal and external contacts, and then those specified people will be included as CC's in an email notification.

Is this possible? I have been able to do this for internal users with a people picker but what about external people?

Thanks,
Jesse

icon

Best answer by rhia 1 March 2017, 05:27

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Do you have these external contacts in a list somewhere?

I mean, you can always have a user type an email address into a field and use a workflow to insert that as a CC on a notification. But as for using a people picket... they'd have to be in a list in SP/AD somewhere, I'd suppose..

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

I agree with ‌, just to expand on it:   use a mulitline text box on the form and have them type in the external email addresses:   xyz@microsoft.com, abc@onetwothree.com, ....

and then just reference this list column in your send notification and it should work great.

Badge +3

Hi Rhia,

I tried that but it didn't seem to work so I thought it wasn't possible. Do you need to do anything to the text in the workflow before adding it to the email?

Thanks,

Jesse

Badge +3

Hi Mike,

Did you do anything to the text before adding it to the email notification? Mine doesn't come through..

Thanks,
Jesse

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Jesse, if those external users are already in your tenant (they can be added once you share something), then you should also be able to get them using people picker. But there will be no difference - they are going to be in the same "bag" as your employees.

If nothing is already shared with the externals and those users have not yet visited the content shared with them (so they have not yet authenticated to your tenant), then the only option I see is like Mike and Rhia wrote.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Jesse, be aware to separate users when using "External email" option with a semicolon but WITHOUT ANY SPACES BETWEEN  So it has to be user@email.com;user2@email2.com;user3@email3.com etc... I guess this bug isn't fixed, but spaces here cause error.

Badge +3

Hi Tomasz,

thanks but now I get this error message, any ideas?

RequestorId: 897cff21-dc69-9bc9-0000-000000000000. Details: System.Activities.Statements.WorkflowTerminatedException: Unable to send email to the group. Please ensure that the visibility of the group under Group Settings is set to Everyone.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Well it means exactly what it wrotes  If you added your recipients as a SharePoint Group, so that you'd like to send an e-mail to all members, then to allow Nintex to enumerate them, you have to set group members' visibility to everyone:

Regards,

Tomasz

Badge +3

Hmm ok I tried that but got the same error. And I am just trying to send it to a single email anyway..

Badge +3

I tried building a simple workflow on a different site and it worked! must be a funny issue on that particular site preventing it. I can just move it to another site

Thanks for you help