Solved

Displaying filtered list on form

• 1 March 2018
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

I have three lists: Projects, Iterations, and Requirements. Iterations has a lookup column called "projects" that looks up to the Projects list on the field "Title". On the form for Projects, I want to display all items in Iterations where "projects" == CurrentItemTitle. I would also like for it to display items in the "Requirements" list where status == backlog and project == CurrentItemTitle.

Effectively, this should/would display all iterations and backlogged requests pertaining to a specific project. I used the lookup funciton in a calculated value as so: lookup("iterations", "project", {ItemProperty:Title}, "Title") which only returns one of the items in the iterations list. I tried a lookup part, but that is wanting a user to select from an appropriately filtered listing of iterations. 

icon

Best answer by courtney_shelto 6 March 2018, 19:52

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +11

Hi Courtney Vargo‌,

In stead of {ItemProperty:Title} try using the Named Contro (CurrentItemTitle ???) l for the selected project. For Requirements you could either:

• try to nest 2 lookups as explained by Marian Hatala‌ answer in the following blog: I cannot get nested lookups working in forms
  • or you might need an extra Requirements (either text set by workflow or a calculated) column where you combine ProjectTitle and Status as the lookup function pur-sang only accepts 1 filter (when not nesting).

Kind regards,

Jean-Pierre

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hello Jean-Pierre, thanks for your tips. Changing to CurrentItemTitle did not have an effect, I suspect it is because the two things would have the same value.

I ended up being reminded by looking back through my previous questions that Gunnar H. Krause actually gave me a great solution before I knew I needed it by using connections within the webpart and just having it on a page rather than the form.

Userlevel 2
Badge +11

You're welcome. For form controls to be updated while changing other controls, you need to use the Named Controls. The item properties are only usefull in formulas when loading the form or in combination with named controls. But most likely you do know this already .