TomaszPoszytek
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Dealing with attachments in "Assign a task" step

Well... You should simply add to your notification email's body URLs having links to the documents you would like to attach.

Optionally please follow this idea that I wrote here: https://community.nintex.com/message/64748-include-list-item-attachments-assign-a-task

Regards,

Tomasz

0 Kudos
loeloe
Nintex Newbie

Thanks but what is the easiest way to link back to the Initiator's submitted form, when i add it to the body of the Task email?

I posted another question about how to get that URL.

regards

0 Kudos
TomaszPoszytek
Automation Master
Automation Master

You mean, the form that initiated the whole workflow? So this is the item, on which the workflow operates and you have its URL under the "Workflow Context" -> current item URL.

Or do you mean other form?

regards,

Tomasz

0 Kudos
loeloe
Nintex Newbie

Hi,

In the body of the task i would like to add a Link to the Form that started the Workflow process.

I.e when the Approver receives the Approval email they will get the Link to the Edit task Form to Click and Approve and also in the email will be Click HERE text with  the link to the original Form that was submitted so that they can view the Attachments.

0 Kudos
TomaszPoszytek
Automation Master
Automation Master

Charmaine Malan wrote:

In the body of the task i would like to add a Link to the Form that started the Workflow process.

That means, the workflow runs in a context of the item that was created using the form. So once you use the "Workflow Context" --> Current item URL variable, then you will get the URL of the item created/ modified using your form, so if user clicks a link having that URL as a "href", then should be redirected to your form.

Or.... I am missing something in this story

Regards,

Tomasz

0 Kudos
loeloe
Nintex Newbie

morning Tomasz, (well morning in South Africa)

it looks as if my "Workflow Context" --> Current item URL variable is broken according to Nintex because it emits the Form ID portion from the URL.

I.E if i click on the Link I  get a page cannot be found error. 

Thanks for all the support.

0 Kudos
TomaszPoszytek
Automation Master
Automation Master

All right. The continuation of the topic is here: https://community.nintex.com/message/65167-re-assign-a-task-email-with-link-to-initiator-form?commen... 

Can you mark any form the above answers as correct for the current topic please? It will much help the others members of the community

Regards,

Tomasz

0 Kudos
TomaszPoszytek
Automation Master
Automation Master

ouch... My bad. There is actually the correct answer already. Never mind

0 Kudos
Brice235i
Forms Fledgling

I have the same problem.  The business have rejected a link to the document due to connectivity issues.  They want the document to approve attached to the email so they can review offline.

0 Kudos