Solved

Date format does not work in NIntex O365 fn-FormatDate(‍{Variable:TaskDueDate},dddd)

• 21 February 2020
  • 7 replies

Date format does not work in NIntex O365 fn-FormatDate(‍{Variable:TaskDueDate},dddd)..Outputs the entire string back. This has been raise quite a few times in the community but have not seen a solution yet. I also tried fn-FormatDate(‍{TextStart}{Variable:TaskDueDate}{TextEnd},dddd). this gives empty string.

icon

Best answer by kk 27 February 2020, 20:36

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Hi,

Where are you using this formula?
What action or form control?
I tested in a calculated value control on a form and it works as ecpected.
formatDate(Current Date,"dddd") Output Monday

its in a workflow. It tried it in both "Set workflow variable " and "Build a string" actions.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Check this post to see if it might be helpful: How to get the day of week in Nintex Workflow 

Using that post, you can create a list column of type Calculated and use that to get the day of the week number. You could use a Switch workflow action to evaluate the number in the calculated list column and have one branch for each day of the week number (seven total).  Create a text workflow variable and have a Set Workflow Variable action store the day of the week name in the variable for each of the seven branches. So, branch 1 would store Sunday in the variable, branch 2 stores Monday, etc.  You could then use the day of the week name in your workflow accordingly.

Might not be the most elegant solution, but it does work.

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Neither of those two actions support inline functions so that is probably where the issue is.
Do we know the actions that support inline functions in workflows?
Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Nintex for O365 does not have inline functions. That is why you never see a menu containing inline functions to choose from as you do with Nintex On-premise.

So i did the traditional way used a SP list calulated field to get the weekday and use it in my component workflow. Once the workflow gets the value it deletes the entry from the temp list.