Solved

Current Item URL not correct

• 27 November 2016
  • 8 replies

Badge +6

I am using the standard option to insert a Current Item URL but the URL isn't presented thus not working correctly.

Is this a bug in Nintex ?

The url looks like this: https:[domain]/sites/sitename/Lists/Factory Documents/DispForm.aspx?ID=123

So it looks like broken in between Factory and the wording Documents.

How can this be solved please ?

icon

Best answer by TomaszPoszytek 15 December 2016, 00:19

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Where are you using the URL then? Do you send it via e-mail? Store it somewhere in item fields?

I guess it's not a Nintex bug but rather of the application/ system that then is displaying the link.

You can also try to surround the URL with quotes: "{Workflow Context:Current item URL}"

Regards,

Tomasz

Badge +6

Looks like I had to use the link symbol just above the body field. If I use the URL link from the workflow context I het that strange broken link presented. I had to say that this was migrated content, maybe that is wrong in some way. So need to test this again with a freshly created URL.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Of course you should use the "link" insert feature when speaking about the e-mail body. This is why I asked where do you use the URL  In e-mail body you have to insert a link using the icon above the body text area. This will solve your problem.

Badge +6

It was late Tomasz 🙂 thanks for the direction. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

‌ if you find my answer helpful please mark it as correct. This way other forum users will know the solution is verified and correct. Thanks!

Badge +6

Do the followIng:

Insert a Send Email Action to your workflow

Configure the action

You will see the field  'Body'

Just above the field 'Body' you will notice the 'Insert Link' option (the chain icon), this icon sits on the 3 row icon bar from the top on the full right

When you select that Insert Icon Link, just below the body field 2 extra fields appear, for Text Link and the 

actual URL you want to use.

If you position your mouse in the URL field, you can select the Current Item URl from the right hand panel under the option 'Workflow Context' 

that's it :-)

Configure as you go, save, publish and test :-)

Badge

I had the exact same problem. As my document Library has spaces within the title, the quotes fixed the issue. Following the below steps equated to the same partial URL being displayed. I would recommend to anyone using this function to use the quotes by default simply considering we don't think about spaces in the titles.

Badge +2

I've been having the same issue that is described in this thread.  I tried doing what you recommended (both without and with the "" around).  It still doesn't work.  Any other ideas?  I see this is from a few years ago, but was hoping you could help.