Solved

Create single task for more than 1 person

• 9 March 2017
  • 3 replies

Badge +4

Hi, I'm still new to Nintex, and I'm learning a lot. I'm using Nintex for Office 365, and I'm having some difficulty regarding tasks created at the workflow. I want to create a task that will be assigned to three people. So on Nintex Workflow, I created a Task Process and added the three persons that will be part of it. Something like this:

200694_pastedImage_1.png

The problem is that Nintex creates three tasks, each for a participant. I wanted only one task, in which the three participants can update regularly. Is there any way to achieve that ? Create a single task for the three users ?

Thanks, Igor. 

icon

Best answer by TomaszPoszytek 10 March 2017, 14:02

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

This is by purpose. You cannot assign more than one user to a task. I think this is consistent across many "task management" systems over the Internet you can find.

But don't worry! In the "Start a task process" action there is a set of options to configure behavior of those tasks:

1. Assign tasks to everyone at once or one after another
  2. Wait for first task completion or wait for all tasks

In the end, if you configure it to create tasks for all participants at once and to wait for the first task to be completed, than after first approver approves, other tasks will be deleted so that you will be left only with one.

Regards,

Tomasz

Badge +4

Hi Tomasz, thanks for the answer. I wanted to send it for a group, because this way, one user could start the task and save its progress (but not complete the task). Then, another user could continue from where the other left, completing the task. If I create one task for user, there is no way to make it "collaborative".

Do you have any idea if it's possible to do something similar to that ?

Thanks, Igor.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

If I understood you right - you need to sequentially record progress in task realization?

But in the end, who approves? Last approver? Or each one, but you would like that with each approval approver should be able to set custom "% completed" value?

I think you should do it the way it is desgined - configure your action to not assign tasks to all approvers at once, but to do it "Serial":

1. In the Assignee options set Assignment Behavior to "Serial", Assign a task to each member within groups - yes and Wait for task completion - yes.

2. In the Assignee options set Completion Criteria to "Wait for all responses".

That way you will be able to assign tasks for each member from the group, and track completeness of the whole approval.

On the other hand what you can also rethink is some sort of the evolution of the "delegation" concept.

So the first approver updates task, sets new approver and then hits the button "Delegate" (or a button with any other literal, such as "Send for review"). Just follow these steps: Delegation in O365  and eventually rename outcomes from your custom content type.

Regards,

Tomasz