Solved

Create item in subfolder from Nintex form (direct link)?

• 30 July 2015
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

I need to be able to have a user click on a link, have a Nintex form launch, and the item that gets created be put into a particular subfolder that already exists.

I dont want a workflow to do this.

With sharepoint OOTB, just adding this to the URL would accomplish it    "&RootFolder=/sites/apps/volunteer/Lists/Hours/Europe"

Doing the same with the Nintex form does not.  The item is ALWAYS created in the root, even if I go to the subfolder and click "New Item" while in the subfolder.  How can I auto create the item in the appropriate subfolder?

icon

Best answer by brentless 17 August 2015, 15:38

View original

4 replies

Badge +3

Hi Brent,

My first answer would be use workflow to just copy it, but since you can't do that I would say you'd probably need to use the JavaScript Object Model to create the new item.  You should be able to set the folder before creating the item by calling set_folderUrl.

I'll try to work out the code and drop it in here if no one beats me to it .

Badge +2

Hey Brent,

i found a solution for you.

EDIT: I see after finishing my reply, you have ask for Forms for Office365, but I tested it in On-Prem!

You can create only on Form for your folder / Subfolder so you can link the "create New Form" on the page and the item will save in the right destination.

I rebuild you scenario and it works fine:

Subfolder.png

The first hyperlink create an item in the root folder of the library.

the second link, the item will be created in the subfolder.

Subfolder2.png

Both Items are created through the links above.

I hope I could help you.

If you have questions you are welcome to message me.

Many greetings and a good start in the week

Christof

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Thanks, that is definitely how it SHOULD work.

I reported it to Nintex as a support ticket.  They have acknowledged it as a defect and are working on it. (Case # 00087511)

Badge +3

Quick question, would it be possible to use that 2nd link you mentioned within a workflow action to copy a lIst item into a subfolder of another list?  We have a scenario where once a department is selected in the form it's submitted, the list item needs to be moved into the correct subfolder that corresponds to that department.