Solved

Create a item in lookup

• 26 October 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

i have two list A and B. i am using list A column- single line text(unique value) has lookup column for List B. In Workflow , i am creating the item in list B lookup, when List A item is created.

Please Anyone telling , it is possible or Not ?

I am facing below error:

System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format. at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal) at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info) at Microsoft.Activities.Expressions.ParseNumber`1.Execute(CodeActivityContext context) at System.Activities.CodeActivity`1.

icon

Best answer by leighburke 30 October 2020, 01:10

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@ManojKumar  Just want to confirm I am understanding the use case. Are you trying to create a new item on list b and set the lookup field column to the unique value of item A record being created?

Badge +3
Yes, trying same. i know , using ID we can do that . But need to know , it is possible?
Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@ManojKumar Unfortunately it needs to be an ID, so if you are trying to update the value do it based on the ID of the new item you are creating and not the value displayed.