Solved

Create Item in another list formatting incorrect

Badge +10

I have a list that creates an item in another list. I want to pull some information from list 1 into list 2. Most of the fields are working just fine, but when I added a currency field, it is saying "type "Currency" is not in a correct format". The field is a currency field in both list 1 and 2. In the workflow action, I have the field type set as currency. When I added the value, I made sure to change the formatting to currency. I was having similar issues with date fields as well. I have no idea what I'm missing. 

icon

Best answer by SimonMuntz 20 May 2020, 01:44

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Hi,
Are the lists in the same site?
Are you able to provide screen shots of the issue?
Are you displaying the list items in a Nintex Form?
Badge +10

Hi Simon,

Yes, they are in the same site.

Yes, the results are in a form that is also formatted as currency.

I'm trying to attach some screen shots.

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
How is the amount entered into the currency field? Are users entering $50.00 or 50.00?
The reason I ask is because the error is stating that the currency is in the wrong format and it has a dollar sign which should not be there as the column is a currency field the metadata does not need to include the currency symbol. I could be wrong as I havent tested this theory.
Badge +10

The user is just entering 50. No dollar sign. The form won't let you enter the symbol.

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Ok,

Instead of Type Currency use Type Text and it will work.
Badge +10

Strangely enough, the currency formatting started to work after I deleted it and added it back in again. I did also test out formatting it as a string like you suggested and that worked as well. I think in the future I will use your solution. Thanks!