BlackPearl license exceeded error

• 17 July 2008
  • 6 replies

Badge +3

I get the following error ALWAYS on the test server, because our test server has a 10 limit user limit:

"the number of installed licenses has been exceeded.  The task item could not be allocated to the destination.".

I have tried the following:

• In the K2 workspace, deleted all process instances from the server
  • restarted the k2 service.
  • Tried options under License Management on K2 workspace with no success.
  • Via SQL Studio, manually deleted all items from the SmartBox work item tables and restarted the server (not just the service, the entire server)
  • Anything else here http://www.k2underground.com/forums/thread/8232.aspx but that is a K2 2003 thread

Any ideas on how to fix this?  Thanks!

6 replies

Badge +3

Hello DaveHacker,

Typically when you see this error is when K2 calculates the number of users in that eat up those 10 slots for licensing it resolves the 10 unique entries that maybe touching K2 at any point in time.  To resolve this issue I've seen it done in a few ways:

1.  Stop and restart the Hostserver, which will force the cached count to be recalculated.

2.  Physically delete process isntances which would reduce the number of destination users being consumed.

3.  Go directly into SQL and find the _Actioners table, and delete the entries from there.  If these entries are deleted K2 can then recalculate the number of Unique users that could consume one of the 10 license slots available.

Of course another solution is to always request more licenses. 

hope this helps,

Jon

Badge +3
Thank you thank you thank you.  You just made me very happy...our resident K2 expert is on vacation so I was pretty stuck.  Deleting a couple out of date records from the Actioners table and restarting the K2 service fixed this for me.
Badge +3

Glad I could help!

Cheers,

Jon

Badge +3

wow,

this solution worked for me!

make a back up of the actioners table (just in case) and delete everything in it.

reboot the server and everything should work fine.

thank you thank you thank you

Badge

See side effect on users worklists cleared, as in my post http://k2underground.com/forums/post/31616.aspx

In production there could be some problems....

Ciao

Gabriele

Badge +8

To check which users you can delete (no Worklist items), run the following script before deleting to avoid orphan items:

Select    [ID], [ActionerName]
From _Actioners
Where  [ID] Not In (
    Select    [ActionerID]
    From     _WorklistSlot)
And
[ID] Not In (
    Select    [ActionerID]
    From     _ActionActInstRights)