Copy/Paste HTML code from email messages lose dynamic values

• 11 March 2019
  • 2 replies

Badge +4

Is it just me?  I can't seem to copy and paste the HTML code from a formatted email message to another email message without losing the dynamic values that I inserted in to the message.  I can copy the action and paste it in the same workflow and keep the value.  But I have have multiple workflows and a couple templates I use with the formatted emails.  It feels like I was able to do this in the past versions.

So as a test I made a lame email test with no real formatting but two values from the list. 1st one has the values inserted in the message, the second is a HTML copy/paste to the email.

541i7639AC396E13DF29.jpg

2 replies

Badge

I am having the same issue. It makes the manully process of this tedious.

It appears that once you save or update the configuration the href information is scrambled

HTLM that works

"display:inline-block;"><a class="ms-rtestate-write draggableToken" contenteditable="false" href="href="#"" link="false" onclick="return false;"

same HTML after being saved/updated

"display:inline-block;"><a #""="" class="ms-rtestate-write draggableToken" contenteditable="false" href="href=" link="false" onclick="return false;"

If anyone can help it will be appreciated!

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi all!

Unfortunately you are both right. No way to copy-paste between actions. The only way is to copy-paste the whole action and then change what you need in the action's configuration.

However if you'd like to copy-paste body from e.g. Assign a task to Start a task process then... this is a manual job, sorry.

Regards,

Tomasz