Solved

Copy Document Action

• 24 August 2017
  • 3 replies

Badge +7

Hi,

I am trying to copy a document with unique column 'xyz' from document library A to library B with same column there. The columns are defined at site level.

I have enforced uniqueness on column xyz on library A but not in B (since this is a monthly procedure and B is a archive folder)

However, the column xyz is still not being copied. All other custom columns are being copied. Any help is appreciated!

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by snathan 24 August 2017, 19:51

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hey Shanan, can you post a screenshot of your workflow and how you have your "copy" action configured?

Badge +7

Overwriting will almost never happens because I use the update list item to change file name prior to copying file (amend created day + file name) For testing I've disabled this function.

If any other methods are recommended other than this, please do let me know. I am copying over then deleting files as I found less resources in using Web Service for O365.

Badge +7

Was able to resolve it myself by 'unchecking' the box on image - this box is located under column setting

Was able to resolve it by unchecking the enforce relationship behavior box at the destination library. Thanks all!