Not applicable

Controls keep moving randomly when they change visibility

In Nintex form for Sharepoint Online I have a checbox that controls  visibility of 4 other fields:

Nintex1.png

As you can see they are nicely aligned into one row and they are formatted using default CSS class - either nf-form-label or nf-form-input.

Now, by default those 4 controls are hidden, but when the tickbox is checked the newly appearing controls start to "dance":

nintex2.gif

I've found a workaround by putting an always visible empty label, but shouldn't this happen in the first place?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
fccrous
Scout

Re: Controls keep moving randomly when they change visibility

Hi Kristof,

I would suggest you add the "Days per week" and "Expiry date" in a panel...both fields in the same panel.  Whenever I work with rules I make use of panels and I apply the hide / visible rules on the panel and not on the actual fields.

Hope this helps.  Let me know if you need more info on this.

Not applicable

I've found what is the problem:  if there is ONE rule applying to multiple controls in a row then it works as intended. If there are 4 identical rules, each applying to different control and there is no "always visible" control in same row, then I have problem as described in original post.

So FYI there are 3 solutions:

- Add empty label in row

- Add panel, put controls in panel and apply the rule to the panel ONLY (as suggested by Francois Crous​)

- Create rule, mark all controls and select in the rules panel "Add to selected controls".

xMikeX
Scholar

FYI:   Using a panel is the best of your three workarounds, so for anyone reading this, this is the one I suggest.

0 Kudos