Adding Columns to List View

• 27 March 2014
  • 7 replies

Badge +10

Hi all

I have a smartforms list view with a few coloumn. All rules have been configured. I would like to add another column to the list view. Is this possible without wiping out all the existing rules and validationa nd styling. I can only see an options to clear everything and start again. How would I do this. Im am on smartforms 1.0.5 and blackpearl 4.6.6.

Thanks in advance

7 replies

Badge +2

Yes you can, if you select one of the columns, in the properties section there should be a column tab, then at the top of the view there should be the options to add/remove columns.

should see somthing like this:

17071i875791E3AA4A5052.png

Badge +10

Hi thanks for your reply,

I dont see that, I used to see that on the older version about 1.0.4 but i think it was removed for some reason. Can you tell me which version of smartforms you are on.

Thanks

Badge +6

Hi s0m3one,

I have had a look on 1.0.5 and there is the option to add a new column. Could you please tell what build of 1.0.5 you are using and also are you using a list view or a editable list view?

Regards,

Yannick

Badge +10

Hi Yannick

I am using 1.0.5 4.12165.1605.0 build. I am using a editable list view. This is what i see when i clcik on one of the colomns. 

16581i89BA0BBFEF8D0E8B.png

Badge +6

Hi,

I am running the same build as you and the option is there. When clicking on the column, look at the bottom right corner of the form you will see a column, header body tab. Click on the column tab and the options to add a column will be visible. See the attached PNG file where i have highlighted where to click.

HTH

Regards,

Yannick

12769iE1DD341195B6CB3C.png
Badge +7

Hey  @s0m3one,

I have a work-around for you.  You don't always see the "create a new column" when you build your view off of a smartobject.  When you build your list view manually, you'll see the create column features.

If you go into controls and drag a control down to the "configure an aggregationor drag a control here" field at the bottom of the screen, you'll then be able to create a new column by clicking on the new row that that action created.

13998i43199A4127BA8BEB.png

Once your done creating columns, delete the control for good measure.

I struggled with this one for months...even after submitting tickets about it...I finally found this one out on my own.

Badge +10

Oh I see it now. Like you siad it only visible when you select the header tab. I think it would make more sense to make this button available when you select a coloumn. Thank you very much  for your help. I really appreciate it.