Solved

Conditional Branch to Send Notification

• 13 February 2019
  • 3 replies

I have an existing workflow that includes a state machine with 4 branches. In the branch that is the final on the “completed” path (it wasn’t rejected elsewhere in the flow) I wanted to add one more notification, but based on a value in the request. 
I thought this could be simply done by adding a conditional branch just before Exit State Machine that when True would send the email and then exit. If not true would just exit. The condition is validating against a Lookup field for one value on the list. When I attempt to save or publish I get an error - can anyone help with what I have set up wrong, or provide an alternate suggestion to accomplish this?

65iAF7875A26AE74EA9.png66iCB5DACF89FA540D9.png67iCFF8FCE15AB014FA.png

icon

Best answer by kmaessen 21 February 2019, 15:05

View original

3 replies

Badge +17

Thanks for reaching out on the community. Its a little odd that its just not allowing you to save and publish it. That could be a small error or something.

You could try closing and opening it again then editing, or exporting your current workflow, taking it to another list and importing it to see if something on that list was being funky. 

Let me know if you are still experiencing any issues.

Badge +9
Hey Kmaessen,

It looks like there is an issue parsing your condition there for some reason.

Can you try swapping the left & right components of your query
To: Value > US Equals Current Item > Region

Seems silly but it may help in this instance.

Let me know if this does work.

Callum

Hello again, thanks for the suggestions. I happened to talk about this with a more experienced Nintex user at my work and he mentioned that he previously had issue using a conditional branch with a lookup field. He suggested I try saving the lookup result to a variable and using the variable as the condition instead. I was actually already saving this info to a variable so it was easy enough to try out, and it works.