Component Workflows for Nintex for Office 365

Badge

I'm part of the corporate communications team at Nintex and am looking to speak to Nintex users that either are testing, building or have in use the new Component Workflows capability with Nintex for Office 365. If you're using component workflows for office 365 and able to speak with me please let me know!

6 replies

Hi

I'm trying to use the component workflow as replacement for the UDAs from Nintex on Prem and have some problems with it.

I added some "Log to History List" Actions but can't find the History List.

My HTTP-Request-Action working propery in a List-Workflow tells me when caled in the component-wf with the same configuration, that I don't habe the permission.

So I have a lot of questions

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi ! As a component workflow is basically a site workflow (a little different), the History list is in the site where the Component workflow is created. If you go to site content => Site Workflow => Here you can find all the instance of the component workflow and see all the log to history (like a classic site workflow)

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Be also aware that the history list and the workflow task will be the ones on the site the workflow runs.
If your siteA calls a component workflow on a siteB, the history of the component workflow will be in the history list of the siteB.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Look at my previous anwser for the history list.
To use web service in component workflow, you will have to use a Web Request, not a Call HTTP Service.
You might also need to construct the X-Request-Digest header, otherwise not sure you can connect properly.

Badge +1

Hi Alan,

Could you guide me how component workflows are considered from a subscription point of view? I read somewhere that if your component workflow has less than 10 actions and does not include a "Start a workflow" action it will not be counted as a workflow.

In my case, I have 3 component workflows (All less than 10 actions) which are created to be called multiple time from 2 1 big workflow. My subscription is counting all component workflows.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

The licensing is a bit tricky here. As far as I know, it is only for 5 actions or less that the workflow is not counted for licensing. Using a call to a web service in a workflow with less than 5 actions does not enable you to not be counted for licensing. To put it shortly, any action that enables to call a workflow cannot be used for "free"