Component Workflow Lookup with variable List Name

I am trying to create a Component Workflow called by a List Workflow in which I need to "Lookup" a field from a list where the listname is passed in from the List workflow.   I am passing in the ListName, ItemID, LookupListName and a few other fields.  In my component workflow, I am trying to set a Variable using the "Set Workflow Variable" action.  When I try to use "List Lookup", the list name is in a dropdown.  Since the list name will be one of the input variables, I need to be able to perform a Lookup based on this input variable.  Is there anyway to do this?

I know I can pass in the value I am looking up from the List Workflow, but that would entail updating more than 100 List workflows.  If I can do this in the Component workflow, it will be a lot less work.  

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +22

Hi,

In your component workflow you could use a web request action and use Microsofts API to do the look up.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/sp-add-ins/working-with-lists-and-list-items-with-rest#retrieve-all-list-items

Thank you for your reply.  I am not familiar with either web requests or APIs, but I will see if I can get someone to help me.