I have created a LIST with several columns, four of them are person type (Initiator, Reviewer, Validator and Approver). When the initiator adds a new item in the list, it automatically starts running a workflow in the list and creates a document in a LIBRARY with "Document Generation".
The document is created without any problem in the library, but in this library I have the same four columns (Initiator, Reviewer, Validator and Approver) and when creating the document the data that has been filled in the list is not completed.
<<I would like to fill these four columns of the library with the same values that are in the list>>
I tried to take the ID of the item in the list to compare it with the ID of the document created in the library, as well as with the GUID and then make a "Set (or) Update List Item" in the library and in no case do the identifiers match 😞
This is my list:
And this is my library:
Solved! Go to Solution.
I want to do something similar. When Generate Document creates the document in the document library, I want to update some columns in that library. Unfortunately the "Created by" column is not useful because it is set to "SharePoint App" rather than by the user who launched the workflow.
I want to create a view that will display "My Items" for the user, rather than "All items."
I will try that "file URL" that was mentioned and see if I can update the column.
Success! After the "Generate Document" action, I used the "Update List Item" action with these parameters:
Target List = the name of the document library where the Generate Document created the PDF
Where column "Name (for use in forms)" = the name of the PDF generated in previous action (I used the same formula for both)
Then I set List Item Properties to the column that stores the user's name. In my new view, I will filter by that user name.
I was able to solve my problem by saving the name of the document in a variable after the Document generation, with a "Set variable" I painted the document extension. Then with the action "Update list item" I applied a name filter indicating the name with extension previously saved and finally indicated the columns that I wanted to update the data and did it satisfactorily.
Please, dont hesitate to contact me in case of any doubt.