Solved

Column named ID (autonumeric)

• 24 August 2018
  • 2 replies

Badge +6

I have an historical list of data that utilizes the column ID as the project ID number. I have a new nintex form that will be used in our new sharepoint site for project submissions (we are retiring the old sharepoint site). I need to continue to work with the historical list of the project data. If I import the project list to a new sharepoint site, will the new nintex form submission pickup from where the last ID number is (1300) or start over at 1?

Example: current list ends with ID number as 1300. If after I import the project data list to a new site, will the next form submission grab the ID as 1301 or 1?

icon

Best answer by callum 27 August 2018, 03:30

View original

2 replies

Badge +9

Hi Jeremy,

This is probably more of a general SharePoint question, but I think based on your description yes it will continue the way you plan. As long as there have been more than 1300 items created in your new list, the next ID the list provides will be >=1301

Callum

Badge +6

Thanks Callum. I was able to pull in the history and the next item that came through on the new Nintex form generated the next autonumeric number (in this example 1301).