Workflow is complete, but tasks in progress

• 9 October 2008
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

I am in the process of validating a new installation of K2 (803) for MOSS and have encountered a puzzling situation. I have created a simply workflow that has one SharePoint integrated activity. In this activity the destination user picks one of two outcomes accept or reject. Depending upon the outcome I will receive either a message that says "The item has been accepted" or "The item has been rejected".

So heres the problem, whenever I action the task the workflow completes (as it should) but the task's status  remains "In Progress". See the below picture for illustration.

2927930120_8bf26916a4_o.png

To make things a little stranger I do in fact receive the emails, so I can tell that my workflow is executing to the end.

I have checked the windows event log on both the MOSS front end and the K2 box. The K2 box has no K2 events from the above time frame. The MOSS front-end contains several items of type information (nothing ominous looking) , but there are a few warnings and errors:

Warnings

• Warning received while executing the following method: IsValid:IsValid http://7.0.0.11:56737/
  • Warning received while executing the following method: IsValid:TRUE http://7.0.0.11:5555/
  • Warning received while executing the following method: AddOrUpdateWorkflowTaskContentType
    AddOrUpdateWorkflowTaskContentType: Microsoft.SharePoint.SPException: A duplicate name "Workflow Task" was found.
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPContentTypeCollection.Add(SPContentType contentType)
       at SourceCode.SharePoint.WebServices.K2SPFunctions.K2SPContentTypesFunctions.AddOrUpdateWorkflowTaskContentType(SPObject spObject, String TaskFileName, String ContentTypeGroup)

Errors

•  An error has occurred while executing the following method: K2FeatureManagement:InstallFeatureDefinitonFilesOnServer The request failed with HTTP status 404: Not Found.

I have also checked out the MOSS logs and I see no errors or any K2 items from that time period.

I am not sure what to make of this situation, so if anyone has even guess of what to look at next I would love to hear them.

Thanks!

5 replies

Badge +2

I appreciate the link. Unfortunately the KB says the solution is to install release 803, which is the release currently installed.

I am certain that this is something specific to this environment, I just cannot figure out what.

Badge +2

Blake,

I have gone ahead and opened a support ticket as I am still unable to figure this one out.

Thank you for your help.

Badge +3

Hi,

I was reading your below post :-

I am in the process of validating a new installation of K2 (803) for MOSS and have encountered a puzzling situation. I have created a simply workflow that has one SharePoint integrated activity. In this activity the destination user picks one of two outcomes accept or reject. Depending upon the outcome I will receive either a message that says "The item has been accepted" or "The item has been rejected".

So heres the problem, whenever I action the task the workflow completes (as it should) but the task's status  remains "In Progress". See the below picture for illustration.

I am also facing the similar kind of issues. If you have ideas on this, could you please share those with.

Thanks a lot.

Thanks & Regards

Ajay Gangwar

Badge +3
Hi, any resolution?
Badge +4

Quick question on your environment.  Do you have multiple WFE's there?

I ran into an issue at our client site which was a little odd and it took quite some time and help from their labs team to get figured out.  What was happening is when we deployed a SP integrated workflow the workflow only would get properly deployed to 1 WFE, try changing your hosts file to point to each node then go to the list in question, look at the workflow settings for that list, and click on the workflow name (e.g. myprocessprocessrequest).  If you end up seing a 'value cannot be null' error from SP that would be the cause of it.

The way we have to workaround it at the moment is deploy the workflow, find out which node is the bad node, then copy the workflow.xml file from the feature folder (in the 12 hive) from the good node to the bad node(s).

I don't know if this will help your situation at all but I would like to hear if you are running into the same problem with deployments as we were.