Solved

Click on link/button to show the repeating section.

• 9 February 2017
  • 5 replies

Badge +9

Hi All,

I am developing form which has one repeating section with around 25 controls and it makes form pretty large.  I had customer meeting yesterday and he pointed out that repeating section is not already required by company staff.

He asked provide a link or button for the staff to click on a link and only when staff clicks on the link or button, I need to show the repeating section.

Q: How could I achieve this?

Thanks in advance. 

icon

Best answer by bashyarajan 14 February 2017, 14:17

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi there:

I would drop the repeating section into a panel, and then set a rule on the panel to hide it.

What you can then do is add a button "Show ( topic ) Section" that will effectively hide / unhide that panel.

This thread will teach you how to create such a button:

https://community.nintex.com/thread/5009

Cheers!

Rhia

Badge +9

Thanks ‌ for the pointer. 

Let me check the link ...  

Badge +6

Hi Sandy,

Better use a Panel Control and drag & drop your controls which you want to hide and impose rules for that panel control.

This can still be fine tuned as 

1. By Clicking a Radio Button or a Check Box can make you panel to be visible hide.

2.Any custom event can be triggered.

Follow this for better understnading of Nintex Rules : Show or hide controls with Rules in Nintex Forms  

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Sandy S‌ - 

I would approach it just as the others have suggested; using a panel with some rules to hide/unhide the panel on demand.

This can be done with minimal JavaScripting along with a button to trigger the js and rules. The link that Rhia Wieclawek‌ provided shows how to do exactly that. 

Alternatively, you can use a checkbox and then use a rule to hide/unhide the panel when the checkbox is check/unchecked. Different approaches, same result!

Let us know how things work out for you and if you need any help!

Badge +9

Hi Jesse McHargue

Thanks your help. I checked both the solutions and my form worked well. 

‌ ...

Thanks a ton for your inputs. 

My Form is working