Solved

Classic Nintex Form Repeating section with calculated lookup value not working

• 22 July 2021
  • 2 replies

So, this is my second post on here and I'm hoping to def get some help on this one desperately. 

I'm working a repeating section on Nintex 2013 Classic Form view for a customer that wants certain fields to auto-fill based on the first field that's entered, e.g. Part Number. 

I have researched this like crazy and can't find any solid solution for the classic form with using calculated value lookup controls. I figured out the formula to get the fields to populate on the first line but the minute you click on "Add New Row" everything in the auto-fill fields clears out. Please help! 

18907i3928ABB86ADD6BAA.png

I've even read another post on here trying to add the "parselookup"...e.g. lookup("Material Master","PartNumber",parselookup(txtPartNumber),"PARTDESCRIPTION") into the formula but that doesn't work either. I'm so close to getting this without having to use CSS or Javascript...

18908i3B892E39B6C2AB57.png

18909i3478B777203569C1.png

icon

Best answer by Dani2356 23 July 2021, 14:46

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13
Hi @Dani2356,

If you are using Nintex for SP13 this section is for Nintex for O365.
Regardless I would like to assist you with this and it should work, sometimes the lookups can be a little troublesome to get working at first but no reason why it shouldn't work.

Please feel free to email me at Jake.Dennison@Nintex.com, depending on what region you are based in I will see what we can do to solve this issue as I don't have access to a 2013 environment to test.

Thanks
Jake

Thanks so much, Jake! 

So, we figured out it was a simple issue with one of the controls inside the repeating section control that "jumped" outside of the repeating section. Jake realigned everything and it turned out the "manufacturer" calculated control had jumped outside the parameters so it broke. 

Once everything was lined back up properly, it worked!! Thanks again! I would have been racking my brain on this for forever if not for your help. 🙂