Solved

Change Triggers Workflow

I want to trigger a workflow by certain fields being changed. In Nintex not on Office 365 I had the workflow triggered on condition when items were modified. (Shown in the attached picture) How would I do it in the new Nintex since you can't start workflows on conditions?

icon

Best answer by aawn4 1 June 2017, 20:52

View original

6 replies

I'm using Nintex for Office 365 on a SharePoint list. My company is transitioning everything over to office 365 and this particular workflow I'm having trouble replicating. All of the old workflows were built on Nintex 2013 for SharePoint

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Well... For that particular case I suppose you should store a previous value in another column of the item.

So first you have to modify the form to rewrite the value one it is opened to that second field and then use action to make a comparison on these two fields. If it fails, then the workflow terminates. 

I see no other quick win solution

Regards,

Tomasz

Okay, so when I create a dummy column to store that info do I make it a calculated one and set it equal to the other one? (picture below)

Then with the filter action is my picture below how I am suppose to compare the two fields? Then after the filter action I would put send email to notify everyone of the change?

Thanks,

Ashley

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

No, no 'cause it will always store then the latest value. I was rather thinking of enhancing a form, that once opened it stores the initial value in another field so when it's submitted it saves the previous and new values

I think I got it! I have created a second column (it's a choice column, but I don't think it matters). I Applicability and Applicability Copy. Then I have 2 workflows the first is one is triggered when an item is created and all it is a Set Field in Current Item. It takes the value in Applicability and copies it to Applicability Copy. Then the second workflow is triggered if an item is modified. If Applicability does not equal Applicability Copy it will run. It then sends and email. Then there is a Set Field in Current Item and it takes the new Applicability value and copies it to Applicability Copy.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Well, that can also do the trick The solution with form, or the workflow that rewrites current value to the second field once it finishes doing all other actions. Whatever works for you! I'm glad I could have helped you.

Please, mark the most appropriate answer as correct if you feel your problem is already solved

Regards,

Tomasz