Editable PDF using K2 appit?

• 20 June 2017
  • 1 reply

Badge +3

So I have an interesting question.  We want to move to K2 for most of the forms we use in the district.  For some of the forms we have a layout that is very familiar to our users and we want to keep it the same.  So I got to thinking, is it possible to take an existing PDF and overlap controls on the fields so to the end user it looks no different than editing a PDF? 

That way we can store a copy of this edited form and not have to create PDF's of the paper copy that people turn in at this time.  I messed around with using an image control and basically pasting the PDF in that way, but I couldn't find a way to get a control to sit on top of it.

If anyone knows how to accomplish this, or has any ideas of a better plan that would be amazing.

Thanks!

1 reply

Badge +5

Hi Will123w

I tested the possibility of adding textbox controls and other interactive control on a picture control but this does not seem to be possible out of the box.

Maybe it might be worthwile to create a smart form that looks like the pdf and the use the save as pdf control to save the data as pdf.