Solved

Cannot move existing controls and place new ones in Task Form

• 13 February 2019
  • 12 replies

Nintex Workflow O365 version 1.0.4.2

Nintex Form O365 version 2.0.0.1

I have an existing published workflow and I'm trying modify the Task Form. The form designer shows up and I cannot move any of the existing controls and even place new controls. But, I can edit the properties of the existing controls. Could anyone please help me out on this one? 

icon

Best answer by Tanbir17 3 April 2019, 17:18

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi,

is this problem occuring in just that task form or do you face the same problems in other task forms or in list forms too?

You could try to export the form, delete the current one and create a new form. If that works either go with the new form or try reimporting the old form. Does this help?

Best regards

Enrico

Yes, its also occuring in other task forms, even when I create a new workflow and list workflows, I cannot move or add new controls there. 

Sorry I forgot to include what I've already done and still cannot move any controls.

• Re-import the workflow.
  • Delete the current workflow and create a new one.

Note:

This is a task form with a responsive design. I cannot reproduce the issue in classic design.

I need this in a responsive design.

Thank you!

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hmm, this is strange. Since you're using the latest version of Workflows and Forms editors, did you also try different browsers too?

Are you the only one facing the problem or do you colleagues have the problem too?

It's not working in Chrome browser. I just checked it on Internet Explorer 11, and it works!

But it is strange that it doesn't work in Chrome. I'll check the developer tools, maybe there's a error log there. I'll update you if any error pops up. Thanks man! 

Hello,

I wanted to share that I am experiencing the same issue, and add that it is only task forms (at least for me); regular Nintex Forms are fine.  This is my first time trying to edit task forms since the most recent Nintex update, so I feel it may be related to that.

I will try it in IE as well.

I think this is caused by an AdBlocker extension. 

In IE, since we just updated our Nintex Forms to the latest version, there's a popup dialog when I open my forms designer which shows the latest features that was included in the latest release. It didn't occur in Chrome, I suspect it was because of my AdBlocker extension installed in Chrome.

Hi iansilaran,

I do not currently have an adblocker extension on Chrome, and I did receive the update notifications, so that does not appear to be the issue in my case...and unfortunately, Workflow won't load in IE for me.  I've been working with my company's SharePoint team on this and unfortunately all we've learned so far is that the person assigned to my ticket doesn't experience the issue in his account, but testing in a different account, he can recreate it.  So it may potentially be a permissions thing, but that's a fuzzy guess.

Badge +3

Has anyone ever found a resolution to this?

I've been experiencing the same issue for a few months now, whereby I cannot edit task forms in Chrome. I used to be able to edit them in Edge, which was a viable workaround, even though it wasn't ideal.

As of this morning though, I can no longer even load workflows within IE or Edge, so don't even get a chance to try editing the task forms. Chrome still has the issue as before, so I am now completely unable to edit task forms. This is really getting ridiculous - it seems things are going backwards.

For me, I am still experiencing the same issue. I'm still working around using other browsers to modify forms.

It's been a bit since I've had to edit task forms, but last time I did, I had to use Firefox. 

Badge +4

Just piling on at this point, but I have experienced this issue first time today as well when using Chrome (my default browser).  Our company version of IE11 is... busted... so I didn't try it there.  However, it does work in Fire Fox.

Badge +3

Just to inform everyone that Nintex is aware of this and it's actually related to the browser (Chrome) itself. The Chrome Dev team have acknowledged the issue on their end.

Nintex has documented a workaround until a permanent fix is in place in the knowledge base article link below:

https://community.nintex.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Unable-to-modify-Nintex-Task-Form-designer-in-latest-version-of/ta-p/89282

***Update 08/04/2019***

Nintex Development team have confirmed the Chrome Dev team have deployed a fix for this issue.

Please update your Chrome browser to the latest update.