Sharepoint task

• 31 October 2008
  • 2 replies

Badge +4

Hi,

I have a Sharepoint integrated process.

A task gets created for a user in the tasks list in sharepoint.

when a user clicks on the task, the associated custom page opens up and user can put some comments in the page.

Now the issue which i am facing is that how we can update the sharepoint task from page code behind to continue the workflow?

if this is not possible, how can i complete the k2 task so as to continue the workflow?

can somebody give some pointers on this asap as it is very urgent.

regards,

ritesh

2 replies

Badge +2

Hello Ritesh,

"Now the issue which i am facing is that how we can update the sharepoint task from page code behind to continue the workflow?" -- > I am not sure I do undertand

what you are trying to do ? do you try to modify the sharepoint basic form and change the code ? 

"if this is not possible, how can i complete the k2 task so as to continue the workflow?" -- > to complete a task you can either access the worklist for that user

using the K2 worklist or programmatically open the worklist for that user and action the task (you will need to refer to the "K2 [blackpearl] Developer Reference" to get the code to do that)

Regards

Adrien

Badge +4

Hi Adrien,

Actually what i have done is making custom asp pages, embed them in sharepoint site and use them in K2 sharepoint integration.

Now when a sharepoint task is getting created from the K2 workflow, i was not able to figure out how to act on the the sharepoint task so that the workflow can continue further.

Then I found out that there is a serial number associated with the K2worklist item created for the sharepoint task and i used the serial number to complete the K2 worklist item from the custom page code which in turn performs the same action on the sharepoint task. this is similar to asp.net integration.

if there is any other way to achieve the same, please let me know.

Regards,

Ritesh