Not applicable

Can you stack buttons and use rules to hide after the value has been selected?

Jump to solution

I know this may seem like a silly question.

I have 5 buttons each does something different and I have rules to hide if the value has been selected.  I don't want all of the buttons to be spread out in the panel and I want to know if I can stack them on top of each other and still have them work based on the rules?

Thanks

Dorinda

0 Kudos
4 Replies
andrewg
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Can you stack buttons and use rules to hide after the value has been selected?

Jump to solution

It would be simple to stack them using separate panels or no panels at all and have them show/hide on top of each other neatly. But the difficulty comes whether you need to show or hide them based on the selection of another button. Is this your case? Looking at the rules you have, how would this differ if they were not all in the same panel?

View solution in original post

johncharles
Forms Fledgling

Re: Can you stack buttons and use rules to hide after the value has been selected?

Jump to solution

Hi Dorinda,

Are your buttons all in a Choice control?  If we went back to the List design, Is there the freedom to separate the options into different fields?
I.E instead of having a single choice field of options A, B, C, D and E, could you create Five new Yes/No fields of A, B, C, D and E? 

This might give you the ability to move the new controls around on your form with ease, and stack them as you need?
//John

Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi,

You could you panels. Each button in its own panel, then extend those panels full width in you form and use hide rules. Stack panels under each other.

Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi, Dorinda Reyes​,  Let us know if any of the suggestions above proved to be the solution. Thanks!

0 Kudos