Solved

Can you customize the "send an e-mail" source address?

• 4 August 2017
  • 8 replies

Badge +2

When you use the #Send an email action to notify #external email adresses, the from address looks something like @neu.workflownotification.com (probably depending on region). The problem with this, is that it often ends up in a spam folder of the recipient.

Is there a known solution to this problem using only Nintex? Can you somehow customize the source address?

I have a workaround that involves using Azure LogicApps but would prefer keeping it simple.

icon

Best answer by fhunth 6 August 2017, 04:36

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Not implemented yet. Vote for it >>> From Field in Send an Email – Customer Feedback for Nintex 

Badge +9

Hi Jeroen,

As Fernando has posted, this is not possible right now to configure, the email will always come from a static email address depending on your region.

Can I understand a bit more about your current problem, is it more to do with the sender address visually (e.g. users not able to identify who it is) or is the concern that the email is going to the junk folder?

If it is spam or junk related, maybe there is something else we can do to help in this situation. Are you using the standard O365 Exchange protection? If so I believe you can white-list by email address or by domain. Given the specifics of email security, I am not sure that even if the mail was sent via your recognized domain, the receiving mail server would automatically pass it as not spam.

Thanks,

Callum

Badge +2

Done

Badge +2

Hi Callum,

Thanks for your response. For this use case, we would prefer to be able to set one of our own e-mail addresses but we can live with the external one. 

The real problem is indeed the possibility that the emails would end up in spam. They are usually the only means of notification about a certain event and we cannot ask everyone to go and whitelist the emailadress.

Do you propose using a forwarding address in O365 for the external emails?

Thanks.

Jeroen

Badge +7

One thing you could do is have a look up list or something. Then have a variable varEmailAddress that you set in the workflow based on a value from the workflow. If outcome A is selected in the form then do a look up where outcome a = outcome a from the list and grab the email you want.

Regardless, if you are having any issues with Email Addresses in workflows, set the email in a variable and then pass the variable in the Send Email Action. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

You an as well try to send that mail using Nintex Workflow Cloud, where you can customize "from" for your email.

Regards,

Tomasz 

Badge +9

Tomasz has mentioned you can change the sending address in NWC, however this is just the sender alias (the name that will show up). The actual email will still come from workflowcloud.com. Hence my question on whether you are just looking for the ability to set the alias that shows up, or the actual email address of the sender, which is a more complicated story.

If you are sending within your own organisation, perhaps you could arrange to have *@workflownotification.com to be white-listed, externally that will not be viable most likely. We do our best to ensure that our external emails are deliverable from a reputation/SPF/DKIM aspect, if you have specific concerns about it or need details, it may be something you can discuss with Nintex Support or your Nintex account manager.

Thanks,

Callum

Badge +3

It would be nice to have a functionality using which we can change 'from' field or sender name for the emails generated using nintex workflow. I am using the emails to send out to our external customers to request them to fill out customer satisfaction survey when purchase is completed. But I feel most likely customer won't understand that it's coming from us since they will see nintex as sender name which will confuse them resulting in lesser survey response.