Can you clear a date column with a workflow in O365. All solutions seem to be for on premise

Badge +3

I'm trying to clear a date column using a workflow in o365. All solutions I have seen seem to be for SharePoint on premise.

12 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Typically, I am able to clear columns by creating a blank variable then setting the field to that value. Have you tried this?

Badge +3

Hi,

Tried the above which work ok with on premise. I'm using SharePoint on line O365, where there doesn't seem to be a solution for this.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Odd, I work exclusively in 365 and have had this work before. I suspect it has something to do with the fact that the date field is never truly empty. If you log the value of an "empty" date field, you will find the date is something like 01/01/0001 12:00:00 . What is your use case for "clearing" it? Perhaps there is another way?

Badge +3

Hi,

Is your blank variable text or a date. I've tried both. Do you use a set field action to set the column or update list item...tried both.

I have a workflow that signs off a section. The date is recorded and it is submitted for approval. If the form is rejected it need to reset the sign off of the section which includes the dates. I'm trying to avoid changing the date column to text.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

It was a date variable. It's admittedly been a bit since I had this requirement. Have you tried setting it to 01/01/0001 12:00:00 (or logging the value of a "blank" date and setting it to that, if it's not what I think it is)?

Badge +3

The date that get logged is 01/01/0001 00:00:00. I've tried using that but a date of 31/12/2000 get set.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hmm, are you sure you're formatting your string/dates correctly? Have you tried creating a date variable that is blank or set to 01/01/0001 00:00:00 and setting the field to that?

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

I'm running into the same type issue.  I've got a List A whose items have a Due Date column.  Items in List A are related to items in List B (which also has a Due Date column).  If the Due Date column in an item in List A is cleared, then all related items in List B need to have their date cleared also.

I've tried this with creating a blank date variable and also with setting a date variable via lookup to another item with an empty date.  Nothing seems to work.  Only thing that I can do is set the date variable to a specific date like 01/01/1901, which works.

Badge +1

Did anyone got solution in this . Please let me know. I am in the same boat.:)

Badge +1

I too am having this issue in Nintex 365. How do you set a date to a blank value? All examples are provided for Nintex On Premise. No workable solutions provided yet for SharePoint Online and Nintex 365.

Badge +1

Yup, I get same Date. It's like Nintex 365 still has a Y2K bug in it?

Badge +3

I found the best way to do this is create a variable and select Specify Date and delete the date and leave the time.