Can workflow deployment for Nintex Workflow Online be scripted?

We want to use Nintex Workflows in a SharePoint Online application we are currently developing. Within this application we have:

• 10 subsites
  • Each have 3 libraries
  • Each should use the same workflow

To avoid uploading 30 workflows each time we update the workflow, we want to automate this process. Does anybody know if this is possible? For SharePoint on-premises we can use the NWAdmin options, but what is available for SharePoint Online?

Regards,

Peter

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi Peter,

I'm not sure if this is possible already.

I see a story on user voice that seems to reflect that need and is marked as started in 2015 but doesn't seem to be completed yet: Provision workflows to sites, lists and libraries programmatically – Customer Feedback for Nintex 

Best regards

Enrico

You would think after 1,5 year of testing it would have been released by now...Currently we are still performing the updates manually, since adding the workflows via PnP/CSOM doens't seem to be very stable. It works one day, but not the next and manually updating the workflows after deployment doesnt seem to work...

Badge +2

Peter you can probably use the Nintex REST API to do that https://help.nintex.com/en-US/sdks/sdko365/#Reference/REST/NWO_REF_REST_ImportWorkflowPut.htm%3FTocPath%3DNintex%2520Off… 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

That is true. You can do few things using Nintex for Office 365 REST API. It just follows the options available from the UI (ex. you cannot publish second workflow in your site having the same name, on a different list, but you can on the same one - the previous will get overwritten). What I am missing here very much (what is present in on premise) is the ability to change the workflow name, before publishing it.

Regards,

Tomasz