Error Building: Schema Validation failed for WFIProcessField

• 24 January 2008
  • 7 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +5

Hi,

I'm building a sample K2Workflow project with Sharepoint Integration. A simple Sharepoint Sharepoint Workflow Integration Client and a Mail Event on approval of activity.

The build and deploy runs ok on K2 Studio (also the output of on K2 BlackPearl Server console is normal) but gives a warning:

"Schema  validation failed for XmlField 'WFIProcessField': The element 'Items' has incomplete content. List of possible elements expected: 'Item'."

In K2 Studio, going to object browser i can see my XML fields in particular the WFIProcessField as:

XML Fields -> Process1 -> WFIProcessField -> Items then has Type and Item (includes ID, SiteURL, ListURL, FolderURL, Item, URL, Source)

On the moss server the event viewer gives a warning on AddOrUpdateWorkFlowTaskContentType saying:

Microsoft.Sharepoint.SPException: A duplicate name was found "Item". at Microsoft.Sharepoint.SPContentTypeCollection.Add

Don't kow if its related with warning on K2 Studio, but seems so.

Any idea what is generating this Warning?

Thanks!

7 replies

Badge +1
I seem to be having this same issue. If you found a resolution, please share.
Badge +4

I get the error "Schema  validation failed for XmlField 'WFIProcessField': The element
'Items' has incomplete content. List of possible elements expected:
'Item'." when trying to build.

I really don't understand what I must do. Documentation and tutorial is not very helpfull here...

Badge

I’ve been bashing my head trying to figure this one out and I FINNALY got it...

In my case the error message is actually bogus. The reason why this error occurs is because K2 Workflow needs 2 lists in order to function correctly. A Tasks list and a workflow history list. A lot of your typical site templates / definitions don’t have these specifically blank sites or sites deriving from blank sites.

One simple solution would be to

1)      Click on the SharePoint integration process to rerun the wizard

2)      Run through the wizard until you get to the page titled SharePoint Workflow Configuration

3)      On the task list click on the Brows button

4)      Click create

5)      Type Tasks

6)      On the workflow History list click Brows

7)      Click create

8)      Type Workflow History

9)      Complete the wizard and redeploy

Presto

Badge

I am on my first K2 project and this was the first mind bender I came across.  This solution fixed my issue.

THANK you very much for sharing.

Badge +1
hi, i have tried this but still no luck. any other advice other than rebuilding the process?
Badge

I realise that this is a pretty old thread, but I think I've found a solution. The message is a warning and everything seems to work fine if you ignore it. However, to fix the message do the following:

1. Open a wizard window (we're interested in the context browser so any wizard window will do)
  2. Click the arrow on the right edge of the window to display the context browser
  3. Click on the Process/Activity Data tab (third from the top in the context browser)
  4. In the treeview expand XML Fields / <Your Process Name>
  5. Right-click on WFIProcessField and select Edit...
  6. In the Edit XML Field dialogue, click on the Initial Value tab
  7. Click the Generate Sample Data button
  8. Click OK and then Finish on the wizard
  9. Rebuild the workflow

HTH

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Thanks! That's it.