K2 Five & Visual Studio

• 23 November 2017
  • 5 replies

Badge +7

We use Visual Studio for developing our workflows (source control reasons).

I understand that older workflows will stay the same, however..

Does K2 Five support developing the new workflow styles in Visual Studio?

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi Capz,

K2 for Visual studio has been deprecated in K2 Five. However, you may continue to support your legacy workflows using the Visual Studio Designer after upgrading to K2 Five. 

Badge +9

In other words, no.

Badge +10

My understanding is that you can create new workflows in K2 for visual studio in K2 5.  However, when that legacy support ends you'll need to rebuild them in the new K2 5 designer since there isn't a migration tool.

Hi

I would be interested to know how you are now handling source control in K2 Five?

With the absence of Visual Studio are you creating a package containing the workflow etc. and then checking the package into your source control repository?

From what I can see it appears to be that the only level of source control is to create snapshots as your versions (that being the kspx packages).

Any feedback much appreciated :)

Badge +9

There is some form of source control in K2 for workflows in the form of version management:

http://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2five/userguide/5.0/default.htm#K2_Management_Site/Workflow_Server/Versions.htm%3FTocPath%3DAdminister%7CK2%2520Management%7CWorkflow%2520Server%7CWorkflows%7CProcess%2520Details%7C_____4