Not applicable

Re: CREATING TABBED FORMS IN NINTEX FORMS FOR OFFICE 365

Jump to solution

Hi Jerry,

'TabButton' is the control name for your choice control. You would need to give your choice control a name so that you can reference it in your rules for the hide/show to work.

Thanks

Jeremy

0 Kudos
kkittinger
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

This was very helpful as I'm new to Nintex Forms. Great Post and thank you for posting just a great guide.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi Jeremy,

Great article! I am able to create the tab based form successfully, However, I have a question, Can we show different tabs in display form than Edit form?

Currently, when I run Nintex Form office 365 in preview mode either in display or Edit form, it shows me the same tabs structure. Refer the screenshots below. Note that I have also Set the Control Mode to Edit.

kavirana
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hi 

Have you found a solution to your problem?

I also have a requierment to show a tab only when the "Form Status" column in Sharepoint List has a specific value.

Regards,

KaviRana

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Interesting post.  We have it implemented however we are struggling to get the first tab to show by default when reading existing items.  It appears that as the control is a choice field then the value that represents the tab open when the item is saved is then the tab used when the item is opened.  Logically it should be the first tab that opens when an existing item is opened.  We've played with all sorts of JavaScript code but have as yet been unsuccessful.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi Badal,

Maybe you can have two different choice controls and use rules to show/hide the choice control based on your display.

Thank You

Jeremy

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi Simon,

Maybe you an try to wrap your function in NWF.FormFiller.Events.RegisterAfterReady to ensure your controls are ready to be manipulated. You could try something like shown below:

NWF.FormFiller.Events.RegisterAfterReady(function () {

NWF$(':radio[value="Test"]').attr('checked','checked');

});

Where 'Test' is your name of the first Tab.

Regards

Jeremy

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thanks Jeremy,

We had tried that and your code works too, however, only the Tab reflects the change. The rule to manage the visibility of the associated panels doesn't fire.  So we are left with the first tab highlighted to show it is "active" but the panel that is shown to the user is the one that was active when the form was submitted (i.e. so Tab1 is highlighted but Panel3 is shown).

Is there a way to fire the rules via JavaScript?

We've also tried using that code on the submit button so that it should try to write that value back to the item ready for the next time it is opened but it has no effect.  The same is also true if you put the code in a regular button.  The code runs but no change is made on the form. It's almost as if the event the fires when you actually click on the tab doesn't run if you just change the field value.

It's frustratingly close but users just won't understand why different panels will show on different items (depending on which panel was active when submitted).

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Update: we found a solution by adding the following JavaScript to the Client click event of the save button (so it works via the Save button on the ribbon too):

NWF.FormFiller.Events.RegisterAfterReady(function () { NWF$(':radio[value="Tab1"]').click();  });

Essentially, we replicate the click event on "Tab1" just as the item is saved.  In our testing, the user doesn't even see this as the standard Nintex Forms "submitting" experience appears immediately.

So, something of a hack but hopefully enough until Nintex provide native tab controls!

mburch
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Thank you! I was struggling with that for days!

0 Kudos