Not applicable

Re: CREATING TABBED FORMS IN NINTEX FORMS FOR OFFICE 365

Jump to solution

Hi John=

Are you able to fix your problem.... Even I am facing the same problem which you faced?

Thanks Arvind

0 Kudos
andrew_valentin
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hi, great follow-along however I cant get my head around how you would allow for more than 2 tabs.

I have my 5 options, however only the first two "Details" and "Emergency Contact" show up. Is it in the CSS where I need to change things? I have tried however I am unsure.

Please could you advise what I need to change to allow the form to have 5 tabs instead of just 2 please. I already have the 5 options and the 5 different panels waiting to go.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi Andrew,

You would need to add the rules for each tab that you are going to have. In this example, I have two tabs so I am adding 2 rules, so in your case you should be having five rules, where you will show one of the tab and hide the rest on each rule. Give it a shot and let me know how you go

Jeremy

0 Kudos
andrew_valentin
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

My apologies for such a late reply.

I found the cause of my issue was the width of my panel in Nintex forms. When I had tried to re-size on the left hand side of the panel, the right hand side had re-adjusted itself, causing the panel to shrink and only show 2 Tabs instead of the 5 I had created.

Works brilliantly now though, I even have a '3 tier' tab on my form now, where clicking one tab opens up even more other tabs to choose from.

Thanks Jeremy,

Andrew

swethasan
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Great share! I used this method to create a custom tabbed form.

Not applicable

Jump to solution

HI Andrew,

Glad you were able to solve your issue. Awesome that you have it working on a 3tier tab.

Regards

Jeremy

Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thanks Swetha. Glad it worked out well for you.

andrew_valentin
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hi Robin,

The CSS covers different stages of the "tab button" and "clicked".

.customtab [type=radio] {

display: none;

}

[type=radio]:checked ~ label {         

<< This tells the tabs how to behave when the button is selected>>

background: #abd6c7;               

<< This tells the tabs to turn the button "blue" when selected>>

border-bottom: 1px solid white;

z-index: 2;

}

#abd6c7; is Hexadecimal Colour Code. There are many colour indexes online for hexadecimal colours to choose from. A quick search for the term "Hexadecimal Colours" in Google will give you hundreds of links.

In CSS "hover" is often referred to as "mouseover" or the command "onmouseover" (on-mouse-over).

Hope this helps, or at least you've fixed your issue by now.

0 Kudos
robin
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Many thanks Andrew, i will give that a go, although its not an urgent requirement any longer so less pressure thankfully! think i have a lot to learn about CSS and just what its capable of!

regards

Not applicable

Jump to solution

Nice tutorial, thank you for posting it.  I've followed the tutorial and I have 3 tabs, however, none the panels disappear (hide).  Well only the 1st tab disappears.  I also get an error that says the 'TabButton' control is not defined.  Any ideas on how to get this to work?

0 Kudos