Bug: Two lookups, same list, different filters - results in same values

• 22 August 2019
  • 2 replies

I created a simple demo to confirm my problem:

• List "Filter" with items "Filter value 1" and "Filter value 2"
  • List "Items" with additional multi-lookup columns "Filter1" and "Filter2" onto the Filter-List. Items:
    • "Item 1", "Filter value 1", Empty
    • "Item 2", Empty, "Filter value 2"
    • "Item 3", "Filter value 1"+"Filter value 2", "Filter value 1"+"Filter value 2"
  • List "Test" with additional lookup columns:
    • "Filter" onto Filter-List
    • "ItemA" onto Items-List
    • "ItemB" onto Items-List
  • Nintex Forms for Office 365 on Test-List with Responsive-Mode
    • "ItemA" List Lookup Filtering Settings: By control "Filter" where field "Filter1"
    • "ItemB" List Lookup Filtering Settings: By control "Filter" where field "Filter2"

Now if preview is used (or form populated), we can choose a filter and both dropdowns "ItemA" and "ItemB" always contains the same value. The requests sent contains only a single query to the Items-List.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Hi,
I can kind of visualise how the lists are setup but without actually seeing them I could be wrong.
On the face of it there is an issue with the way the lists are setup.
When doing cascades, list setup is the key.
It looks like the item list has two lookup columns to the filter list which sounds a bit odd. It also seems that Multi Select has been enabled which may also cause issues.

I used this abstract sample as explanation that this situation can happen.

In our concrete form the user selects two persons (not multiple) which are defined in the "Items-List". Each person contain many data fields and the persons are filtered by something like "person is X" and "person is Y". The user has to select one of "X" and one of "Y" in the form.

Actual workaround is to duplicate the complete person-list ...