Solved

Best way to display links on Nintex Form?

• 24 February 2017
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

So, since the Attachments in Nintex Forms try to download rather than open in Office Online, and that doesn't appear to be fixable/customizable, I'm working on a workaround.

Leveraging both this SlideShare from Alan Richards and this great blogpost:   I am able to successfully generate a link to the attachment which opens in Office Online Apps! Great! But now, they're ugly on the form. If I try to set them into a "Hyperlink" field, I can't set the "display text" and I'd have to have enough link fields for each attachment which, depending on how many, could be a really ugly and terrible deal. If I set them into a text field of any type (rich or not) it just puts the link, not clickable, and again, I have no way to make it pretty.

I tried to mess with the Calculated Field to see if I could get something going, but couldn't quite get there. Any tips or suggestions?

icon

Best answer by courtney_shelto 24 February 2017, 21:56

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

I figured it out! If, when you set the variable that you're going to set the hyperlink field to, you do [url], Words then it will set the words bit as well!

So, the somewhat crappy way I implemented this, was I only allowed for 4 attachments, created my workflow to handle 0-4 attachments, then put 4 Hyperlink columns in my list and 4 corresponding hyperlink fields on my form. I stacked them on top of each other (they garbled mess in edit mode) because I'm only going to allow them to be seen in View mode. Then I hide the "attachments" control during display, so that they click on the right one. So, if you're editing or entering new, then theh attachments control is displayed so that you can add attachments, but if you're viewing, only the hyperlink fields are displayed so that you always open in Online.

If anyone has any better tips for displaying it on the form, I'm all ears! It looks pretty good, to me at least, but hey, who knows.