Solved

Attachment information not in NFFormData

Badge +3

Any help would be greatly appreciated.   I've got a responsive form that has an attachment control.  When I attach items to the form, I'm unable to see the information in the XML NFFormData.

Printing the results out I get:

Form Data = <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><FormVariables><Version /><ProjectCode /><Attachments type="System.String"></Attachments></FormVariables>

Although there are 2 items attached.

Also it seems strange that only one of my fields is listed (ProjectCode) when the form has about 20 fields.

icon

Best answer by fb123 13 June 2019, 23:07

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @fb123,

I can confirm that a bound control will not show up in the NFFormData, only unbound controls. However, I am not sure why your file names are not showing up. I would contact support at support@nintex.com to do an investigation. 

Here is an example of my NFFormData: 

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><FormVariables><Version /><State type="System.String">VICTOR!A</State><Attachments type="System.String">data tab sharepoint.jpg</Attachments></FormVariables>

Cheers,

Euan

Badge +3

Thanks, I've sent this to support and will post an answer when it gets figured out.

Badge +3

The direction from Nintex is to never use NFFormData as it is for their development purposes only and can change with each release (ie it is not supported)

Instead the solution is to use a REST query to get the attachment information

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @fb123,

Was this a form submission through Nintex Mobile?

Cheers,

Euan

Badge +3

Yes it was

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Ok that makes sense. The Nintex Mobile app manages the files differently from the web experience.

The NFFormData is really just used for storing unbound control data, not specifically built for managing files.

Cheers,

Euan