Solved

Assign a Task email with link to Initiator Form

Good day,

In my workflow I have added Text with a URL so that the Initiator will be able to click on the link and open the Form that was submitted by him.

See Picture Nintex1

When the email arrives ONLY a section of the URL is a Hyperlink, I need the full URL to be a Hyperlink that the User can click on to open the Form he submitted.

The reason for this is so that the User does not see any other Forms that were submitted.

Any ideas/suggestions please

regards

icon

Best answer by loeloe 29 June 2017, 07:39

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Why not format it nicely instead of putting it in the email like that? As in, insert a link into your email and for the text you can have "click here" or "view your form" and the URL can be the item URL. This way you're not relying on the Email Client to nicely play with your hyperlink.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Oh, so that is the problem

You need to use "insert hyperlink" to make it all as a URL:

That way you will have all String set as the URL.

Regards,

Tomasz

Good day Tomasz and Coutney,

Thanks for the feedback - I made the changes but the Workflow Context - Current URL gives me a Page not Found error.

I think it has to do with my initial issue that it does not not pull through the whole URL as a Hyperlink see below. The Form ID is emitted from the URL.

I have logged a call with Nintex Support.

Thanks again for all the support - I did learn something new about Nintex from you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

You can as well go into yours email HTML code and check if the placeholder for the email is surrounded with quotes.

But anyway - using the "insert hyperlink" button should solve your issue. Have you tried it?

Yes i tried it and did not work - does not give me the Full Hyperlink.

Morning,

I solved the issue i was having with the broken URL. The SharePoint List's name should not contain any spaces.

Thanks again for all your help.

Have a Super day!

Badge +5

Good to know your question has been solved.

Probably it would be good if you mark this post as answered.