Are There Reusable Site Collection Workflows within Nintex Workflow for Office 365?

• 17 October 2017
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

As we progress closer and closer to moving into the cloud, we discover areas that need to be addressed and figure out how we build them in O365 vs how we did it on-prem.

Recently, the concept of reusable site collection workflows came up and I cannot seem to find anything on them for Nintex Workflow for O365.

Does this exist for O365? Is there a work around?

Thanks!

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Not the most comfy and fast, but I guess the only way currently is to export --> import the workflow

Regards,

Tomasz

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Yeah... that is what we are leaning towards, but wanted to see what else people are doing.

Hate the idea of updating something in X number of places... 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Instead you can publish your workflow in a library/ site ex. root site collection and then using the Nintex for Office 365 REST API get its contents and then publish it elsewhere. Remember only, that although you can overwrite the existing workflow in a specific list/ site that is having the same name, you cannot publish the workflow with the same name to a different list in the same site - the API in O365 does not allow to change the name of the workflow before it's publication, as it does in on premise

Regards,

Tomasz

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Have you ever played with the NW O365 REST api? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

I little bit. As we are moving into O365 we are trying to figure out "what tool and when".

For this, I am looking at leveraging Sharegate to merge/move objects around. This is something that I can easily explain to someone else and than hand off for them to manage.