Solved

An exception occurred while processing parameter [InputFileToUpload]

• 28 February 2020
  • 11 replies

Badge +3

Hi There,

We have a complex nintex form for a list on SharePoint Online with many attachment controls. We extract the attachments from the list and upload it on to a document library and have the approvals done using the nintex workflow. We use the action "Office 365 upload file" to upload the files on to document library. 

The workflow worked fine until 26th Feb. We have not make any changes to the workflow. The issue that has come up is, the items with attachments where the file name has got space is getting suspended. we are getting the exception: 

"An Exception occurred while processing parameter [InputFileToUpload]". We a regular Expression action to remove the spaces from the file name before uploading it. However, even though the space is getting removed from the file name, we encounter the same error. While attaching the file if we select the file without spaces, the workflow is running without any issues.

I have tried uploading the documents in a new library as well. Even with the new library we face the same issue. file name without spaces work flawlessly while the same file with spaces are getting suspended. Please give me some insight on how i can troubleshoot the issue.

icon

Best answer by pooja22 2 March 2020, 20:25

View original

11 replies

We are also experiencing same error since yesterday.

Did you find any solution to resolve this issue?

Thanks, Pooja

Badge +3

I'm having the same issue.   I tried replacing <space> with %20 and still no luck.

Was it working before?

Not yet Pooja. It worked perfectly until 26th Feb. 

Our workflow started failing on 2/26/2020 also.  Has worked perfectly for 2 years and just failed this week with no changes to the workflow.  Any ideas what may have changed?

Hello,

This is an active incident the team is currently investigating. Updates will be provided as they become available on the status page at status.nintex.com

"February 28, 2020 3:20PM PST
February 28, 2020 11:20PM UTC

[Identified] Office 365 - Upload File Action We are currently investigating an issue when a file with spaces is being uploaded using the Office 365 Upload File action in Nintex Workflow for Office 365 the workflow will fail to complete"
Badge +3
Thanks @ScottPahlNintex Any suggestions on what we should be doing until the issue is fixed. It's very difficult for us to put form validation to stop the users from uploading attachments with filename containing spaces.

This issue got fixed today.

Thanks @pooja22 

Apologies to all for the inconvenience.

Badge +2

Thanks Guys,

I can confirm this is working on our tenant as well. I was bit disapointed to see this action failing when a document name had spaces but looks like it was bug after all. Thank you for fixing this issue promptly. 

It works for us as well. Thanks for the quick fix.