Solved

After Query List, output is Collection, then For Each, Get Item, output is Dictionary?

• 22 October 2019
  • 3 replies

Badge +8

Using a Query List action in Nintex Workflow for Office 365. The output is a collection. I then use a For Each and a Get Item From Collection. I was expecting text but the output seems to be a Dictionary. I use Get An Item From A Dictionary action but the output is an empty string.  I believe I have everything configured correctly.  In Get An Item From A Dictionary, I have that "Item name or Path" set to "/d:nameofcolumn" which is correct, right?

If it makes any difference, the output column from Query List is a multiline text column from an SPO list.

PS - I have to do this step because my Nintex Forms is returning only the ID in the List Lookup, even though I specify to return the text column.  Therefore I decided to fix it in Workflow.

icon

Best answer by v-tmasenko 22 October 2019, 21:13

View original

3 replies

Badge +8

I wrote that down incorrectly.

d/nameofcolumn

that is what is in the action but it does not work.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9
The variable type for the Output from "Get Item from Collection" must match the data type of the actual item being retrieved.

So in your case it sounds like your "Query List" must have selected a Dictionary item or you left the Output type as "Single output". When dealing with multiple columns I prefer "Separate output per column" and have the output go into a Collection variable.
Badge +8
Yes! That was it! I switched the Query List output to "Separate output per column" and then For Each and Get Item From Collection returned text output, not a Dictionary.