Solved

Add hyperlink to task form that links to current item?

• 25 January 2019
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hey folks!

Seems like a simple question, but, I can't for the life of me figure out how to get a hyperlink - on a form - to use an item property. We basically want a "click here" to open the item that the task is related to, but, nope. Can't use item properties to form a link apparently.

Anyone got a way around this?

Cheers,

Rhia

icon

Best answer by bstori 27 January 2019, 00:11

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

I usually use the following line of text in the Source of a Rich Text field: 

<a href="{Common:ContextItemUrl}" target="_blank">{Common:ContextItemDisplayName}</a>

As Shown:

What you'll see after you hit OK: 

What it looks like in the editor: 

What it looks like on the Task Form proper: 

For whatever reason the 'Insert Hyperlink' in that dialog has never worked and does nothing when I click it. This was a quick and dirty way around that though. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hey N M‌ - it looks like you're in On Prem - not quite the same in O365!
Any reference text I try to add turns into this weird ... mush. 

Badge +7

full workflow

build string

open your task form, add a rich text control to your task from. I double clicked to get into the properties of the rich text field. you can then add your workflow var to the body of your rich text control

rich text control

Badge +2
Hi, I am just struggling to enable rich text or as per your instructions to add a rich text control on to the task form? can you please explain bit further more on how to do this?
Badge +2

Never mind got it resolved. The URL need to be the full URL not a relative one when you construct and add them to a email or task body. Relative will still work on a formatted task form if you have a text box enabled to be rich text.

Badge +3
how did you get it to work?
please advise?