Solved

Add Generated Document As Attachment in Email

• 22 April 2019
  • 2 replies

Badge +7

I am creating a simple workflow that generates a pdf with data from a submitted form. Then, it sends the document (or a link to the document) to a specified user. I am running into issues with the URL the "Document Generation" workflow action is outputting. Currently, it is adding additional """ whic makes the link incorrect (screenshot below). Also, you cannot add the link saved as a variable as an attachment in an email because it is a "collection" variable and not a hyperlink variable. I'm sure others have had a similar request before. Any help is appreciated!

1621i65277C9C4B13F852.png

icon

Best answer by eharris04 23 April 2019, 00:31

View original

2 replies

Badge +17

@cjones 

Have you considered just storing the document as an attachment to the item from the doc gen action, then using the email current list attachment item from the "send email" action? Doing this will eliminate the need to use the folder paths etc. You also don't need to create a link to it as it will flow as an attachment.

Secondly, you could store it in a document library and just reference it again as an attachment. You can reference the document link, but this would not be a sharable link which may not help the end user get to the correct document "via" the link. 

Badge +7
Including the generated document as an attachment to the list item actually works great for this particular process. Thanks for your help!