Access denied when trying to open form

• 26 May 2016
  • 4 replies

Badge +3

The user has access to a specific list but NOT the rest of the site hosting the list.

The user has no problems viewing list views or making changes using quick edit. But as soon as she wants to open an item (and launch the Nintex form) she gets an access denied page.

Is there some way to grant access to the Nintex forms app without granting access to the entire site hosting the list in question?

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Here's the most definitive permission source that i know of at the time:  Minimum Permissions List for Nintex for O365

Badge +8

Hello, that sounds like that the user has at least no read right to an necessary resource which was loaded while opening the Nintex form.

That could be, a siteasset like a pictiure or a javascript ...

Regards

oliver

Badge +9

‌, I've got this same issue on one of the forms and it is driving me crazy. The users have the correct permissions to all the image assets (read only), contribute and design permission to the site and all the lists within the site, it is inheriting permissions. No lookup lists on the form that pull from another site that probably they don't have access to. All the lookups are actually local choice fields on the list, there is no special permissions changes during the workflow, I've also checked the list item permissions. The only thing left to check would be the JS. There is just the default Javascript on the form, wouldn't they have access by default to that? 

Help! I'm out of ideas.. The crazy thing is, if i take out my super permissions to make it look like the users', I can view the items but everybody else is getting the access denied! And I also don't see anything useful in the ULS logs. 

‌, did you reach where the problem was?

Badge +3

No, I didn't find a solution :-(