365 move list to another list in subsite

• 31 August 2017
  • 5 replies

Hi All,

Newbie question but I have a list that for privacy reason when user submits form I want it moved to a duplicate list on another site.  Whats the best practice for doing this?

I'm looking at the 365 update item workflow but I'm sure there must be a better way of doing so.

Any advice us much appreciated!

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

You can set the permissions for the item with a Nintex Workflow Action

Thanks for the reply.

Just so I'm clear can you secure a row in a list so only certain people can update or should I look at trying to copy this list to another site?

Just trying to understand what the best practices are.

Badge +7

You can set specific permissions on item (instead of full list) but you should beware of this :

- possible performance issues if you have many items (hundreds of thousands 🙂 )

- you should have difficulties to know "who can see what" in some monthes...

In my case, I use this often : the basic Leave Request, for example, has to keep items secret except for initiator and HR.

Thanks for the advice.  Changing permissions actually works well.  The downside is I have been doing testing under admin account and the results are different if I run as user - still testing but its promising.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

If then your workflow would need to be able to update the item, even if the user triggering it does not have permissions, you can always put these actions in the "Action Set" and check the option to use app permissions.

regards,

Tomasz