2nd column automatically showing

Badge +5

Hi,

Please can someone help me with the following;

I have a form, and on the form there is lookup field "Job Title" (see pic1).

Job Title list has 2 columns. 1 column is called "Title" and the second is called "DepartmentBand" (see pic1)

I have the "Job Title" as a drop down list in the form. And I see all the job titles.

What I want to achieve is this;

If I click on one of the items of the drop down list, I want the 2nd column appear automatically as a extra field below or next the "Job Title" filed. (See pic2)

So for example if I choose from the dropdown list "Administrator (Board & AGW Support)".

I want an extra filed that shows automatically "Corporate Services........E3 Band 1"

I hope I was clear in explaining.

Many Thanks,

Adam

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

What you need is a calculated value! You can use a lookup formula there, like so:

So you want the list title to be JobTitle, column to filter on is "Title", value to filter on is your lookup dropdown (make sure you pick it from named controls, not item properties), and then your output column is DepartmentBand

Badge +5

Hi Courtney,

I have added a calculated value exactly as you mentioned. (see pic)

If I choose now from the dropdown list any job title....the calculated value shows for a second "Loading..." and that's it. It want to do something but nothing shows up...Any other suggestions. At least it is in the right direction..for sure

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hmm, JobTitle is the name of the list you're looking up against, right? And for DepartmentBand, that is the actual column name? I'm not sure if those are case sensitive or not. Also, are these lists on the same site? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Oh! I think I know the problem. Sometimes lookups on a lookup can get screwy, like here: Using a lookup column with lookup formula 

Check out this comment: https://community.nintex.com/message/43665#comment-49513  as I believe it will solve your problem!!

Badge +5

JobTitle is the list.

and DepartmentBand is the column name

And Yes, the list are on the same site. Will check now if they are case sensitive...

Badge +5

Hi Courtney,

I finally managed to sort this out.

I have changed "Title" to "ID", and it was working

Check this out..

Thanks for all the help and putting me in the right direction...

Cheers,

Adam

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Looks great, ‌! Glad you got this sorted.