Data Type mismatch for SmartObject DateTime and ActivityInstance StartDate?

Badge +2

I have a smart object which has a DateTime property.  In my workflow I want to set the value of this smart object DateTime to the time when an activity started.  In the smart object wizard when I attempt to map the Activity Instance/StartDate value to the smart object's property I get an error saying that the data types to not match and it won't let me assign that value.  I confirmed by looking at the K2 documentation that the data type of StartDate is DateTime.  I also tried other properties like FinishDate, ProcessInstance->StartDate, etc.  In fact, I can't find any field that I can map to the smart object's date time in the Environment Library.  If I create a custom ActivityInstance field with a DateTime data type, I am able to assign that value to the smart object.  It seems like extra work to create an activity field and set it through code to DateTime.Now just so I can map it to the smart object.  Is there something I'm missing in how to map the ActivityInstance.StartDate?

Thanks 

2 replies

Badge +3

Has anyone else run into the same problem and found a better solution?  I am having to do the same workaround.

Badge +9
That is a known issue.  I believe the fix is scheduled to be included in the upcoming blackpearl release.