presentation Hyperlink in Forms not displaying correctly

• 26 October 2015
  • 0 replies

Badge +5

Symptoms

When you have a Form based on a SharePoint list with a hyperlink field that consists of 'URL' and 'Display Name' parameters.

When the field displays in a form or email the end result is: URL, Display Name

Diagnoses

With regards to this hyperlink issue, what you can do is set particular data fields to house the data then use a set data fields event to input the URL strings in a expression to sufficiently render the hyperlink. Within the Appit Workflow designer.

Resolution

To do this, create the following data fields:

Create a Integer datafield called "i"
Create a Integer datafield called "j"
Create a String datafield called "sLink"
Create a string datafield called "sDescription"

Then if you then create a Set Datafields event into the and configure it as follows:

For i, set a Find inline text function and within that function that you drag into the field, the properties for the function are the following Text = [Hyperlink_Field], Substring = ,

For j, set a Length inline text function and within that function that you drag into the field, the properties for the function are the following Text = ([Hyperlink_Field])

For sLink, set a Left inline text function and within that function that you drag into the field the properties to the following Text = ([Hyperlink_Field] and for the length drag the "Expression" builder from the inline function and set the expression to the following [EXPRESION: i - 1])

Finally, for sDescription set a the Hyperlink field followed by a , and then drag in an "Expression" and set the expression to the following [EXPRESSION: j - i 1])

This should allow you to split the hyperlink into two parts.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!