Error during Updating Solution Core Components - Nintex WF 2013

• 27 December 2017
  • 6 replies

Badge +2

I am trying to upgrade Nintex Workflow 2013 to the latest version. I have ensured all services are running required for the installation by following the steps by Wisam Fawzi.

Now, when the run the Nintex Workflow 2013 Installer in the server hosting Central Admin, it gets stuck in Updating Solution Core Components > Upgrade job for solution Core Components (NintexWorkflow2013Core.wsp) is not created yet (time waiting = x seconds)

After an hour, it throws an error "Job(s) was/were never created for solution Core Components (NintexWorkflow2013Core.wsp) upgrade, waited for 3600 seconds. One or more errors were detected. Please scroll up for details." (screenshot below). There is no details listed above. 

Can somebody guide me how this can be resolved? Any guidance will be highly appreciated.

211819_pastedImage_1.png

6 replies

Badge +2

That is not a good sign, it shows that a Farm can not create a Timer Job. You can do a basic deployment test solutions and follow this guide  

Badge +2

Thank you. I will try that.

Badge +2

This issue is resolved.  Even though the SharePoint Timer service was started in services.msc, the timer service instance object for one of the web server was set to Disabled.The resolution can be found in the forum below (Solution #1): 

SharePoint Timer jobs not running(Specially one-time timer jobs) – Sujeet Sharma 

Badge +2

Hi @Shruti Patrabansh 

The URL you have mentioned is not working. Could you please suggest resolution steps you followed. We are doing it for  Nintex 2016.

Nintex for SharePoint‌ If you can help that would be helpful. #Nintex2016UpgradeTo4.3.3

Badge +3

If you get the issue run this script to see if the timer service is offline /disabled

$farm = Get-SPFarm
$disabledTimers = $farm.TimerService.Instances | where {$_.Status -ne "Online"}
if ($disabledTimers -ne $null) {foreach ($timer in $disabledTimers) {Write-Host "Timer service instance on server " $timer.Server.Name " is not Online. Current status:" $timer.Status}}

If offline, run below script on one server in the farm then re-start SP Timer service on EVERY SP servers that has reported its timer service as offline/ disabled

$farm = Get-SPFarm
if ($disabledTimers -ne $null)
{
foreach ($timer in $disabledTimers)
{
Write-Host "Timer service instance on server " $timer.Server.Name " is not Online. Current status:" $timer.Status
Write-Host "Attempting to set the status of the service instance to online"
$timer.Status = [Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPObjectStatus]::Online
$timer.Update()
}
}
else
{
Write-Host "All Timer Service Instances in the farm are online! No problems found"
}

Badge +1

I ran into this issue and I had trouble using the script that darrentcs posted since it contained a emoji :O

Here is where it is posted on a Microsoft KB:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2616609/administrative-timer-jobs-not-running-after-upgrade

Reposted in a code block

$farm = Get-SPFarm
if ($disabledTimers -ne $null)
{
foreach ($timer in $disabledTimers)
{
Write-Host "Timer service instance on server " $timer.Server.Name " is not Online. Current status:" $timer.Status
Write-Host "Attempting to set the status of the service instance to online"
$timer.Status = [Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPObjectStatus]::Online
$timer.Update()
}
}
else
{
Write-Host "All Timer Service Instances in the farm are online! No problems found"
}